Last week … manic ! Flight to Aurukun with indigenous leader Noel Pearson, another long day flying back to Aurukun and on to Pormpuraaw and Doomadgee Cape York Peninsula with Bob Katter … and in between following ‘Yes’ campaign director Dean Parkin all around Cairns.
As the ‘Indigenous Voice to Parliament’ referendum draws ever closer, campaigning is in full swing … and there has been regular arrivals of ‘campaigners’ from ‘down south’ flocking to the Far North (and more turning up later on this week.)
Pearson’s visit to Aurukun and Parkin’s in Cairns were covered for ‘The Australian’ (including a nice page 1) … and Katter in an epic three destination Cape York flights saga, was for Bob’s campaign.
These TEN images have been chosen from across the hundreds I made over a hectic week … and they are also featured (arguably better) on my Instagram account and may be found here … https://www.instagram.com/p/Cx94Gy6vP4C/
- Bubblegum Discovery – Aurukun with Katter
- Bob Katter plants an ‘illegal’ potato in Doomadgee
- Young child explores the cenotaph in Aurukun – with Katter
- Dawn Koondumbin (75) reads up on the ‘Voice’ – in Aurukun with Pearson
- Bob Katter checks vegetable & fruit prices in the Doomadgee shop
- Phyllis Yunkaporta with Sophera Kerindun – in Aurukun with Pearson
- Deserted swim pool in Pormpuraaw – with Katter (left)
- Noel Pearson meets Bertha Yunkaporta (91) – in Aurukun (right)
- ‘Yes’ campaign Director Dean Parkin in Cairns (left)
- Bob Katter flies back from Aurukun, Pormpuraaw and Doomadgee (right)
Poses the question … what am I going to do after the referendum 🙂 ? !
Images © Brian Cassey